News

news

Champions League

Liga BBVA

Premier League

Seria A

Bundesliga

Monday, August 11, 2014

Germany legend Klose announces intenational retirement


The World Cup's all-time top goalscorer Miroslav Klose has announced his retirement from international football.
The Germany forward was decisive in his country’s triumph in Brazil, setting a new all-time record of 16 goals in World Cup finals.
[ALL 16 OF KLOSE'S WORLD CUP GOALS]
"With the title in Brazil, a childhood dream was met," said Klose, who retires having netted 71 goals in 137 matches for his country - another record to break Gerd Mueller's.
"I am proud and happy that I was able to shape this great success for German football. I had a unique and wonderful time and many memorable moments in the national team."

Germany national coach Joachim Loew described Klose as a "world star".
“I’ve decided to retire in 2015,” Klose told Bild newspaper last month, but he has brought it forward a year having ended his career in the 1-0 win over Argentina in the extra-time that ensured Germany of a fourth World Cup triumph.
Having just renewed his contract with Lazio, he is likely to see out his club career in Serie A at the Stadio Olimpico.
Klose turned 36 last month and joined Lazio in July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By